Our website collects certain information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you access or interact with it. Included in this category is information you supply to us directly as well as information acquired automatically through cookies and other similar technologies.
Information you provide directly to us
If you register for a user account on the site, we will require you to enter certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, and password, among other things. Please keep in mind that if you submit product advertising requests or contact us directly, you may be giving to us certain personal information, and we recommend that you exercise caution when doing so to protect your privacy.
Information collected automatically
When a user visits or accesses our website, our website’s server automatically logs certain information about that user (“usage data”). In addition to your computer’s IP address, the type and operating system of your device, the type and version of the browser used to access the site, a URL that referred you to our site, the pages viewed and the length of time you spent on our site, the time and date of your visit, and other analytical data may be collected by our servers.
Cookies and Similar technologies
- What exactly are cookies: When you visit a website, a cookie is a little text file that is stored in the cookie file of your browser by the website. Cookies aid in the recognition of users and the personalization and usefulness of their subsequent visits to the site. They also contribute to the smooth operation of our website. If you visit our website, we may place several types of cookies on your device, which may include “session” cookies and “permanent” cookies, depending on your browser settings.
- Sessions cookies: Sessions cookies are only used for the duration of a user’s visit to the site and are deleted after they have finished browsing. When you close your browser, they are automatically removed from your computer. Persistent cookies are cookies that remain in your browser’s cookie file for an extended period of time. Session cookies are used to remember user actions and to make the user experience more convenient and useful. In the case of session cookies, for example, they can aid to remember things you have put to your shopping cart or your log-in credentials to keep you logged in when you navigate between different portions of the website. You will not have to re-enter your login information every time you browse to a different website in this manner, saving you time.
- In order to better understand how users interact with our website, we employ persistent cookies to track the precise pages that users choose to see and to save user preferences for future visits. Persistent cookies, for example, keep track of your language settings, bookmarks, and favorites, allowing you to access the site more quickly, efficiently, and effectively on your next visit, among other things. Where cookies are considered personal information under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we shall process cookie data only with your agreement.
- Controlling cookies: Please keep in mind that you have the ability to manage cookies by modifying the settings in your browser to accept, block, or remove cookies. You have the option of blocking all cookies or only cookies from third parties. You can also delete cookies from your computer after your browsing session. The effective operation of our website is dependent on the use of some cookies. Please note that if you delete or block all cookies from our site, you may be unable to save your settings and that certain aspects of the site may not function properly.
- Web beacons and third-party cookies: When you interact with our website, we allow third-party service providers (such as Google Analytics, Google AdSense, and Facebook tags) to collect certain anonymous information about you. When collecting this information, these companies may use third-party cookies or web beacons. These firms may utilize non-personally identifiable information about you (such as information relating to your click stream, browser type, or which advertisements you have clicked on the site). These cookies are also used for affiliate marketing reasons by our company. They assist us in determining whether or whether people purchase products after clicking on affiliate links on our website, in which case GearHungry may receive an affiliate commission. We also use the information generated by these technologies to deliver advertisements for goods and services that we believe you would find interesting. Visit the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance to learn more about cookies and behavioral advertising methods, as well as to learn how to opt out of these tactics.
Legal justifications for lawfully processing personal data include
Factionwise shall, as a general policy, attempt to rely on specific lawful bases for personal data processing operations in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for residents of the European Union and the European Economic Area. In such cases, we shall only process data for the specific reason for which it was gathered or received. The following are the legal bases on which we depend in specific circumstances for the processing of specific personal data collected by us.
Your consent: If you give us your consent, we will process certain of your personal information. This includes, for example, situations in which you authorize us to use your data for marketing purposes or to transfer it to third-party service providers..
Contractual necessity: If you negotiate with us or enter into a contractual connection with us, we will process your personal data in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, or to take steps at your request prior to the entry into contact.
Compliance with legal obligations: We may process your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation for which specific data is required to be processed under EU data protection legislation.
The purpose of legitimate interest: We may process your personal data to the extent necessary for the purposes of legitimate interest pursued by us or by our suppliers, affiliates, contractors, and service providers, provided that processing does not adversely affect your rights and freedoms.
Sharing and Disclosure
We will not share or disclose your information to anyone outside of Factionwiise.com unless you have given us your express and verifiable agreement to do so. But please keep in mind that we may release your information in the course of our business’s legitimate operations, such as mergers and acquisitions, dispute resolution, and the exercise or defense of our legal rights.. Similarly, if we are required to do so by law enforcement agencies, or in response to a valid request by public authorities (for example, a court order), or in connection with fraud, crime, or a violation of our terms of service, we may disclose your personally identifiable information to the appropriate authorities.
Links to third-party websites include the following
As an affiliate marketer, GreatHUngry.com includes a diverse range of links and material from third-party websites, online merchants, and product compendiums, none of which are owned or maintained by GreatHUngry, Inc. In some cases, we may make recommendations for products available on those websites. These links are provided solely for the purpose of providing information and persuading the reader. Our inclusion of these links should not be construed as an endorsement or support of their content. Those links are provided for your convenience only; we make no promise or representation that the products, services, or content made accessible on those sites are reliable or secure, or that those sites will respect your privacy. Please check the privacy policies of external websites to gain a better understanding of how to secure your information while surfing the web.
In accordance with applicable laws, Factionwise will only preserve personal data for as long as is required to fulfill the purposes for which it was obtained or to comply with any legal obligations. We may retain your information to the extent permitted by law in response to a request from law enforcement agencies, in the course of resolving disputes or claims, or in the course of exercising and defending our legal rights. Gear Hungry will completely delete any data that is no longer required. We may also save certain information for the purposes of internal analysis. We only save such data for as long as is necessary to improve the security and functionality of our website, and we only store it to the degree that is necessary.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have particular data protection rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in relation to personal information we may have about you in connection with the site, which are detailed below. You have the right to view and control your information, as well as the right to withdraw your permission to the ongoing processing of your personal data if you so choose, at any time. You also have the right to request the correction or deletion of personal data if it is erroneous, incomplete, or out of date, as the case may be. You also have the right to object to or restrict the processing of specific data if you believe that the processing of that data is illegal or unlawful. You also have the right to authorize the transfer of your data to other service providers, which is known as data portability.
Your personally identifiable information is important to us, and we take steps to protect it. Several technical and organizational precautions have been implemented by Gear Hungry to ensure that personal information entered on the site is kept safe and secure. In order to secure personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or acquisition, our website employs Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to bypass our security measures, and as a result, we make no representations or warranties regarding the security of your data.
Notice of breach
Upon becoming aware of a personal data breach that may pose a significant risk to your rights and freedoms, we will notify you of the breach as soon as reasonably practicable and provide you with information explaining what happened and how it happened, as well as the contact information for our data protection officer and any potential consequences of the breach.